The recruitment of a marketing director is an important issue in the life of a company: developing the company's sales, brand, communication, and building a team.
Digital deployment is also a must in 2020, especially after the Covid-19 crisis. If you've decided to invest in marketing and recruiting, so much the better!
Recruiting a marketing director is an important step in the structuring and development of a company.
But when you're a small business, it can be very difficult to recruit an experienced marketing or digital director.
I'm not used to speaking on this type of subject, but here I've seen the same problems too often...
Have you already implemented this marketing recruitment in your company? Are you planning to do this recruitment soon?
- How can you be sure to recruit the right profile given the importance of this type of position?
- How to be attractive enough to attract the best profiles?
- What are the alternatives when you want to recruit in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques and in Biarritz in particular?
We'll take stock of the situation together and you'll see that we have a solution for you.
The missions of a marketing director
Let's start by reminding you what you can expect from a marketing director and more specifically on someone whose mission will be to use digital and digital.
- creating or optimizing the marketing strategy: target market, key marketing messages, customer acquisition, loyalty, definition of objectives, budget, etc.
- the definition or optimization of communication tools: brand, graphic charter, website, commercial supports
- the launch of communication campaigns, advertising and promotions, both online and offline
- creation and management of a marketing team
- management of agencies, service providers or freelancers
The scope of a marketing manager can be quite broad. At Digital 64, we've identified the key areas that a small business should focus on.
Digital technology is one of these essential points, because the Internet allows the smallest companies in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques :
- reach their target prospects (in France or abroad) and generate sales or leads more efficiently with a lower budget
- optimise their productivity with increasingly comprehensive and affordable tools(CRM, ERP, e-mailing, etc.)
It is therefore from our point of view very important that the new Marketing Directors have a good grasp of digital:
- pilot and manage a website
- optimize digital communication channels : referencing, advertising, e-mailing, tracking...
- manage agencies, service providers or freelancers specialized in web marketing.
- growth hacking and inbound marketing techniques
The difficulties in recruiting a marketing director in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques
At first, it can be difficult for small businesses to assess the different marketing needs or opportunities that there may be to invest in marketing.
Companies often hesitate in what type of profile to choose. Should they take a young or experienced profile?
A younger profile is less expensive and more malleable. They can learn quickly and grow with the company.
An experienced profile is more expensive, but it quickly brings solutions. He brings his network and his experience. This is a plus for managing and building a team.
If the management team has no marketing or digital background, it will also be difficult to assess the skills of the marketing director. This is one of the main reasons why companies use recruitment agencies: to find and test profiles.
In any case, effective onboarding will take time. There will be some delay between the time the Director arrives and the first features are put in place. Even an experienced profile can take time to be effective.
Recruitment is also very time consuming. A good recruitment for this type of position can take up to 6 or 9 months whether it is done internally or with a recruitment agency: setting up the recruitment process, tests, interviews, recommendations...
Then, what happens if the recruitment falls through? What if the candidate doesn't like it? What if the results aren't there?
In the end, recruitment is expensive.
To find profiles, either you go through a recruitment agency or you have to invest a minimum in your communication and position yourself on recruitment portals. Developing your employer brand takes time.
And as we have seen, if the director comes for a few weeks and then leaves for one reason or another, you will have invested money for nothing.
So how do you get the benefits of a marketing manager without the disadvantages?
How can you be accompanied on a day-to-day basis without and have the advice of a marketing and digital expert without it costing you too much?
An innovative offer in Biarritz and Bayonne to recruit in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques
In the Pyrénées-Atlantiques region, we thought about building an offer and providing the best possible support to VSEs and SMEs for marketing and digital management.
With this outsourced Marketing and Digital Director offer, the objective is to provide a complete support to companies that do not necessarily have the means to recruit.
We offer dedicated and expert support, more personalized and deeper than with a freelancer or an agency.
The aim is to have an experienced profile dedicated to the company over a longer period of time with an adapted budgetary offer where the remuneration is partly proportional to the company's results.
The Marketing and Digital Director specifically assists companies in Biarritz, Bayonne, Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Pau and the Pyrénées-Atlantiques. From the marketing strategy to the implementation of digital campaigns, the objective of the Marketing Director is simply to achieve the growth objectives of his client.
The missions are quite diverse, but generally revolve around :
- analysis and optimization of the product, offer or service
- strategy and other marketing elements: distribution, price, target...
- digital marketing: website, referencing, advertising
- digital tools: analytics, crm, e-mailing...
This more flexible solution avoids the main problems mentioned above:
- reduce risks: you can stop the relationship whenever you want. You also pay part of the remuneration according to the results. The outsourced manager is thus in line with the company's objectives.
- The speed of implementation of campaigns: the director can be quickly deployed in your company. After an initial analysis, he will validate with you the implementation of the strategy and the first campaigns.
A final important point in this offer is the emphasis on the company's history and values.
At Digital 64, we have designed this specific offer for companies in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques to outsource marketing. We love our region and we want to help companies grow.
We believe that this hybrid offering will meet the challenges of today's entrepreneurs.
Obviously, in view of the support, the offer is limited for the moment to certain companies only.
So before you start recruiting, get in touch with us, we'd be happy to look at and explain whether an outsourced marketing or digital director is the right fit for your business.
Good luck with the development of your business and see you soon!
If you are a coach, freelancer or independent, maybe you just want to have an effective website. Read our latest article on how to have an effective coach, freelance or independent website.